AllGenetics sponsors the 25th European Meeting of PhD Students in Evolutionary Biology
AllGenetics is proud to announce that we will be sponsoring the EMPSEB meeting, which this year will be held at the picturesque town of Pedrógão Pequeno, in Portugal.
The EMPSEB brings together PhD students working in the field of Evolutionary Biology, who present their work and get feedback from their colleagues from all over Europe. It takes place in a different European city each year and is organised by current PhD students in the country where it is held. The meeting, which was first held in Zurich 25 years ago, is now an annual tradition.
AllGenetics will bestow the AllGenetics-EMPSEB Award on the PhD student who gives the best talk at the meeting. The award consists of a one-week stay in Ortigueira, a beautiful village in Galicia's countryside (NW Spain), where the awardee and up to five friends are invited to enjoy Galician nature, its atmosphere, and gastronomy at The Farm Cottage, in the unique environment that Ortegal county has to offer.
Previous winners of the AllGenetics-EMPSEB Award were:
- Mareike Wurdack (Universität Freiburg) in 2012.
- Pepijn Kamminga (Universiteit Leiden) in 2013.
- Margo Maex (Vrije universiteit Brussel) in 2014.
- John Bruce (University of Oxford) in 2015.
- Amy Eacock (University of Liverpool) in 2016.
- Sebastiano de Bona (Jyväskylän yliopisto) in 2017.
- Unni Pulliainen (Helsingin yliopisto) in 2018.
We are very happy to be part of the EMPSEB again this year and wish all the success to the organising team.
More info at https://empseb25.wixsite.com/pedrogao.