Lucy Rebecca Davies (Aarhus Universitet), winner of the AllGenetics-EMPSEB Award 2019
Lucy Rebecca Davies, PhD student at Aarhus University, has won the AllGenetics-EMPSEB Award 2019.
Supervised by Volker Loeschcke, Torsten N. Kristensen, and Mads F. Schou, Davies uses the model organism Drosophila melanogaster to answer questions on how organisms adapt to different nutrients in the environment.
Since 2012, the European Meeting of PhD Students in Evolutionary Biology (EMPSEB) has been sponsored by AllGenetics by offering the AllGenetics-EMPSEB Award to the PhD student giving the best talk. The award consists of a one-week vacation in Ortigueira, a beautiful town in Galicia's countryside (NW Spain), where the awardee and up to five friends are invited to enjoy Galician nature, its atmosphere, and gastronomy at The Farm Cottage, in the unique environment that Ortegal county has to offer.
Previous winners of the AllGenetics-EMPSEB Award were:
- Mareike Wurdack (Universität Freiburg) in 2012.
- Pepijn Kamminga (Universiteit Leiden) in 2013.
- Margo Maex (Vrije universiteit Brussel) in 2014.
- John Bruce (University of Oxford) in 2015.
- Amy Eacock (University of Liverpool) in 2016.
- Sebastiano de Bona (Jyväskylän yliopisto) in 2017.
- Unni Pulliainen (Helsingin yliopisto) in 2018.