The AllGenetics-EMPSEB Award will be bestowed on the Ph.D. student giving the most outstanding talk at the meeting.
AllGenetics will sponsor the European Meeting of Ph.D. Students in Evolutionary Biology (EMPSEB) which will take place March 1st – 4th 2021. Our company has been a proud sponsor of EMPSEB since 2012.
The EMPSEB brings together Ph.D. students working in the field of Evolutionary Biology and it provides them with the opportunity to present their work and get feedback from their colleagues from all around Europe. The meeting, which was first held in Zurich 26 years ago, is now an annual tradition. This year’s meeting has been organised by PhD students from various European research centres and will be held online.
AllGenetics will bestow the AllGenetics-EMPSEB Award on the Ph.D. student giving the most outstanding talk at the meeting. The award will consist of a one-week stay in Ortigueira, a beautiful village in the countryside of Galicia (NW Spain). The awardee and up to five friends are invited to enjoy Galician nature, atmosphere, and gastronomy at The Farm Cottage, in the unique environment that the county of Ortegal has to offer.
Previous winners of the AllGenetics-EMPSEB Award were:
- Mareike Wurdack (Universität Freiburg) in 2012.
- Pepijn Kamminga (Universiteit Leiden) in 2013.
- Margo Maex (Vrije universiteit Brussel) in 2014.
- John Bruce (University of Oxford) in 2015.
- Amy Eacock (University of Liverpool) in 2016.
- Sebastiano de Bona (Jyväskylän yliopisto) in 2017.
- Unni Pulliainen (Helsingin yliopisto) in 2018.
- Lucy Rebecca Davies (Aarhus Universitet) in 2019.
We are very pleased to be part of the EMPSEB again this year and we wish the organising team all the best.